Friday, October 7, 2011

Food Journey–Week 1

Day 5 View (640x512)

So I’ve been working on improving my diet for about a week now, and the results are better than I thought.  I was sick most of last week, but started Susan’s plan this past Sunday after I recovered.  Susan’s nutritional guidance has me drinking a complete nutrition shake for breakfast, followed by a meal about every 3 hours.  Overall, the meals have more protein than I used to eat, and they are much more balanced with less sugars and processed products. 

The first few days were a bit hard, felt as I was eating too much.  But the last two days have been better, and actually, I find that eating more often makes my body hungry on a new schedule.  But the hunger is not ravenous, its more controlled.  I also noticed that I don’t have as many cravings.  I was really bad about eating candy on the way home or eating cereal as a night snack.  Those cravings have reduced quite a bit. 

I’ve also started running again (about 3-4 miles a day).  Susan is adjusting the diet to help bring up my energy level for my runs.  So the diet will change a bit more over the next few weeks.  My first race is on the 14th so only 7 days away.  Not expecting a PR but want to run a strong race.   The fuel on the days leading up to the race will be interesting.   

Overall, I’m impressed with how quickly the changes have gone into effect.  The chart above shows about a 4 pound drop in weight, about a 1% body fat drop, and about 1 point of on my BMI.  I think that is not normal but impressive. 

No comments: